Today's post is all about my son Austin and his 14th Birthday.
His request this year was to go paint balling with some buddies. So invites went out and preparations made. However, he was getting a very good response. Some couldn't make it at all due to other family obligations, very understandable. Other's didn't know if they could make it , then others could come didn't like paint balling so this lead him to coming up with a change. He was like I just want to hang out with some of the guys, so can I just have some guys stay the night and we have game night. So there we have it game night it is. So what do you all think happened. The 3 people we for sure coming turned into six.
Crazy right. Well some crazy stuff did happen, but in the end all was well and everyone had fun. The birthday boy did get upset a few times over a few things, but it was understandable. Some of the games played in the evening were Texas Holdem and of course various video games. The next day the boys spent some time playing capture the flag in the woods. Now how fun would that be, apparently loads of fun. Plus they all played another round of Texas Holdem. All and all it may not have been what he exactly wanted but he still had fun and got to hang out with his buddies so I say that it was a success.
I just love how Austin was so willing to just go in there and change what he had wanted to do to something completely different without being really all that upset about it. Another thing I really love about this kids] is that he's so passionate and competitive when it comes to games. Now this is a good and bad quality. I love this because it one shows he cares, truly cares about the ending result. It also shows that he doesn't mind wearing his problems on his sleeve. It also provides learning opportunities for him so he can adjust to different situations that may arise in life later. Yes, its not always cool to get angry with your friends, and it's not cool to always want to win but again these are life lessons. I love how his friends know , care, and love him that they to help him to grow and stick with him, and buy him. I love how he has so much understanding and respect for others that he can admit when he is wrong and do what needs to be done to fix it. I love how he's okay with Mom or Dad hanging out with his friends as well.
I wouldn't trade this kid in for the world. Next year, or sometime soon he will get his Paintballing in with some of his friends that had wanted to go. We will make that happen.
Blessings,
2 comments:
Belated birthday wishes to him, so glad the celebration turned out to be great fun. Teenage boys are so much more laid back about those kinds of things than girls, aren't they.
They so are, it made it so nice. I was beginning to feel really bad for him so I was so relieved that everything worked out in the end.
Post a Comment