Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sadly I missed church this morning due to coming down with a very nasty cold. It attacked me yesterday but I didn't let that stop me from attending the parades to see my wonderful daughter and her team perform. So since my husband Robert took her two children to their Youth Group classes and to church I figured I'd spent my quiet morning writing. Which I'm enjoying more and more. So here's the scoop from yesterday.

This is my goofy husband and son waiting patiently for the parade to begin. I love my goofy family.




Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day for the Daffodil Parade. Sure there was some clouds but there was some gorgeous sun shining as well. The girls looked absolutly beautiful in their blue princess dresses. Their performances at all four parades was magical. Now here's the greatest news their team took 1st place again. These girls deserve that 1st place. They meet once a week for an hr. for a few months with a few extra practices thown in here and there. They work hard practicing countless hours at home by themselves perfecting their routine. These girls represent Homeschooled children wonderfully. They not only show that they can be a unit, but they also share and spread their love with others. They each are growing to be wonderful women of God and they all have a wonderful story to tell at such young ages. This is definetly one proud homeschooling parent. I'm very thankful for the gifts and talents of these young ladies but also for the woman behind it all. Mrs. Monica Ingalls, shes a loving, caring, strong, patient women of God. She has 5 children one whom has Austism and he's such an awesome spirit. To see how she juggles the stresses of her everyday life and to also be able to give her love to our children and to have the ability to teach them is admirable. This is one woman I'm proud to know. I thank God for her and for all she does.




The First parade took place at 10:45am in Tacoma. The girls had to meet at our Homeschooling location Rainier View Christian Church at 8:15 so that meant a very early morning for us all. The girls hair , makeup and outfits had to be on and ready to go. So we were up by 6:30 curling hair, dressing, and getting last minute things in order. We got Chloe dropped off and headed to Fred Meyer to grab a few snacks and drinks then headed to the parade. The 1st parade was very long and drawn out. It didn't flow naturally it could be because they were filming the parade so they wanted to make sure they got all the important details. This year the Daffodil princesses had a tragic event happen 3 days  before the parade one of thier own had committed suicide. How very sad that such events in ones life cause them to take their own. Despite that tragedy the princesses seemed to be in good spirits.

Since the first parade took so long and we ended up at the end of the parade route we were late to the next one, but we did make it. We got to see and chat with a few friends. It was a wonderful time.We chose to skip out on the 3rd one and just go directly to the last one because we just needed to have some chill time. I at least did I was really not feeling good at this point and just needed to relax. So we grabbed a little lunch at Taco Time and went on our way. We arrived in Orting at around 3 and were able to grab some drinks, cough drops, ice cream for Austin and just relax. Soon the last and final parade began and the girls again did wonderfully.

Finally it was time to join all the girls and their families for a pizza dinner at Round Table Pizza in Puyallup. The girls had some major battle wounds this year, between sun burns, and oh yeah the dreaded blisters from their long day of dancing and marching. They sure were troupers though and you can tell they did have fun. So now they'll relax up and get ready to meet again in the summer for a while and so they can practice for the rodeo parade, they got asked or rather told they were to particpate again. These girls really are getting recognized. Yay, you make Homeschoolers proud.

Okay well I must go and lay down for a bit my family is grocery shopping now and will be home soon. I hate to be sick especially when the sun is shining brightly again today, and thats a rarety in Western Washington.

Well off I go until tomorrow...





No comments: