Sunday, August 12, 2012

Total Chaos

Where to begin....

WARNING: This is a long one.

Definetly struggling with this one today. So lets just start with today crazy, upside down, mayham.Its one of those days of whats next, whats next. My youngest heading to church camp. My hubby whom hasn't had much work lately gets a call from work about a half an hour before we're to be out the door for church. So we hurriedly made his lunch, my son's lunch then headed out the door. We then forgot the extra money my son needed and my hubby forgot his folder. So I took hubby to the truck, then went back home got what was needed, then headed to church. Then the church service ran a little long today, so my son had to hurry eat his lunch, check in, go to the restroom all in 15 mins. Then they campers and parents say their good buys and the children were off. Next I was to pick up my daughter at my mothers company picnic in Auburn, I was in Tacoma. Make it there, find out my youngest brother went into the hospital that day with extreme pain on his side. Had only been there for about 45 minutes when my Mom said I'm leaving heading to the hospital your brother has Appendicitis and they need to do surgury. GULP!!! My other brother whom was with us and his girlfriend said they were going to go to the hospital. I said wait what about the kids, their kids are 3 and 5. They were trying to get someone to take them , I said look why don't we do this I'll take them home with me and I'll bring them back tomorrow. I said as long as someones going to be with Mom , and my brother then I'll go ahead and take all the kids. My daughter had a sleepover planned with some of her girlfriends and she still wanted them over so I told her that would be fine. So we got me nieces loaded in the car, well I needed to make a stop to Michael's before picking up her friends. Oh boy was that a chore. I forgot how hard it is to tote a 3 and 5 year old around, but it was still a fun adventure. We then went to pick up my daughters friends, took them to my house and I toted up my nieces and took them to the grocery store for a few things. That was another adventure. Finaly home, make dinner, play games, watch movies and here I sit. So yes lets mark today on the record books as a day to be remembered. This is definetly a huge scrapbooking and faithbooking moment.

I am thankful that I have a God that loves me and gives me grace cause yep, its needed. My nieces are still awake as I type this I'm trying very hard to just ignore them and hope they will be asleep soon for it is 11:20pm.

What did I learn today: well I learned that God truly is an awesome God. I learned the my daughter has awesome youth counselors who support her and pray for her needs. She was very upset over the event of her Uncle being admitted and having to have surgery. I can honestly say I love my church family. Thank You God for the amazing support that was given today. It was greatly needed.

Also learned how important it is to have patience, although tonight my patience has run out. My nieces are still not asleep which means I can't go to sleep and boy do I need to go to sleep. So not only am I out of patience but I'm low on energy mentally and physically but here I sit. Soon I tell myself soon. I have now gone from the nice sweet auntie to a mean auntie. I know that raising my voice isn't much help but darn it they need to sleep and this is getting ridiculous. Nothing I do seems to work. So I'm continuing to ignore them. Again I am thankful I have a forgiving God. I truly did forget how tough 3 and 5 years olds can be, especially when they are not your own and they are raised with different standards and rules. Thats okay I still love them , and they will learn that all this is for their own good. They dont want me to snuggle with them , or rub their backs. or even lay with them so I'm really out of options at this point. Do I call their parents , tell them come get them or do I tough it out and pray all works in the end. I'd rather not call my brother so I'll just tough it out.

What else did I learn, I learned that teenage girls although they are stubborn at times,they are a joy and a blessing to have around. I thoroughly enjoy seeing my daughter having fun with her girlfriends. It even brings back memories from my childhood and my special times with my friends. It just melts my heart. My daughter such a gentle and loving soul and I'm so proud of whom she's become so far. I look at her and I know she is a blessing from God. I know this girl will go far in life.

No comments: