Yes another post:
Couldn't sleep last night due to sever lightening and thunderstorms here in the great Northwest. You'd think by now it would be something I was used to since I've lived here all my life. Well its not. I hate the cold , rainy, dreary weather, but I also like the little bit of warmth that we recieve, when we get it. I love the Pacific Northwest because the greenry that surrounds me each and everyday and the Mountains only about an hour drive away. Where you can see and hear God's wonderful creation. Who wouldn't want that everyday. So although the weather isn't always the prettiest it is worth the beauty any day. I had to remind myself of this today as I watched the lightening, and listened to the thunder roar. I really do live in a beautiful state.
So as I sit here in the local coffee shop waiting on my son Austin to finish with VBS I decided why not write. Why not share just a wee bit more of myself. So here goes.
I was born and raised in Washington. I've lived both on the East side and the West side. I prefer the West side even though it gets the most rain. I am not fond of the snow which the East side gets the most. I prefer the little bit that we get, I enjoy watching my children and husband play in it, and then coming in for some warm meals but I am really happy when it goes away. There are a lot of bad memories from my childhood from the eastern side so thats just one more reason why I love the western side. I don't mind visiting Eastern Washington from time to time but I am sure glad when I leave.
I enjoy hiking, photography, scrapbooking, reading, music, concerts, learning and studying about The Lord, teaching my children, spending precious time with my family, and loving my husband the best I can. I do love to travel when finances allow. I'd really love to travel to the East Coast, to Rome, Italy, Greece, France, and much more maybe someday that will happen. Only God knows what's in store for me and thats okay.
As I wait and see what God has for me next in my life I bask in his Glory of what he has already given me. Which is so much more then money could ever be. Yes, having more money would be nice but is more money really what we all need.
I think what we all need is a great deal more of love, and respect for one another. What happend to the compassion , the care, the helpfulness. We need more of that. What we need most now in this world, in our OWN Country is GOD. He has become such an outside part of everyone's lives these days so much so that everyone wants what they want. They don't seem to care about what will happen to this group of people if you take this right away, or you add to this right here. Its really quite sad. Theres so much killing, hatred, and wickedness in this world its scary and sad. I so want more for my children and I hope that others want more too. SO what do we do even if we're a small minority that want differently. We share our feelings with others but we also act. In order for love to shine into others we must first show how to love, and how to be loved. It doesn't take much. Maybe a card to a special friend just because, maybe some cookies given to a neighbor whom you don't really know, maybe offering to help a single parent by watching their son(s) or daughter(s) so they can have some time to themselves. It maybe just by simply helping someone fix their car who is stranded on the side of the road. It just takes little small gestures not much. IF we all just stopped looking at how we can help ourselves and stopped making it all about what ME just maybe we could turn things around. So will you join me on this journey. Will you do something nice for someone this week, then the next, then the next. Then sit back and watch. Observe what that persons behavior comes over time. I bet it will get better and better. I bet they just might start to care again, and go out of their way to help heal wounds they inflicted, and begin to help and love others. See love is contagious its not a bad contagious its a good contagious. Something we must do.
There you have it a little piece of me. I've poured out my heart , so go on pour out yours. Let me know your thoughts on this. Don't forget SPREAD the LOVE.
1 comment:
Well said, you have a beautiful heart!
jane
Post a Comment