Well my dear blogger's yes it has been quite sometime since I've posted anything. Like I stated from the beginning this is not something that I am used to adding into my weekly routine so please do forgive me. But I have made this apart of my New Years Resolutions for 2013. I am giving blogging a little bit more priority even if its just a quick picture post.
Who can define what "normalcy" really is, cause I"m beginning to think there really isn't a "normal". I believe "normal" is what you , yourself create for you and yours. Our normal is what consists in our everyday lives for us not for everyone else. Am I right? Wrong? Somewhat on track? What's your intake?
With this intake on "normal" let me just share with you my "normal". I'm a Mom of two wonderful children ages 13 and 11. We homeschool, study God's word and his path for each us. I'm also a wife of a very great guy whom happens to be a truck driver. I'm a Christian woman, a woman of God, who tries her hardest to live like Jesus everyday. So yes, being a Christian, a wife, and a Mom leads me to many jobs, which I wouldn't change, but that I try to embrace everday. I'm also an avid scrapbooker, I am a lover of books, music, and many other things. Although I am many things, the most important of it all is that this is WHO I AM. As long as I be true to myself, my family, and to my friends, then I'm living a "normal" life and that is alright with me.
Being the wife of a trucker can and is very trying at times, but I'm not complaining I am thankful everyday that he continues to have a job that enables him to provide all that we need. Yes at times I wish he was home more often to help me "raise" our children, to give me a much needed break, and to give me a better sense of protection, but again I am so thankful for all he can provide for us. Although our time as a family and as a couple are limited we still always make that time. Our time is more precious and valuable so on the weekends its "family" time. It doesn't matter what we're doing, it matters the quality of time we're spending with one another. Yes, it doesn't always work out that way for the kids do have friends that they want to have over, and they are granted that, or they want to stay over at a friends, or I want out for a bit by myself and that does happen. But no matter what we're doing we always come back together and spend "our" time and make it as special and as rememberable as possible.
Homeschooling in itself is also very trying, can be hard, but the benefits far outway the trials. Being able to learn what we want , when we want, how we want has been the most rewarding of it all. For me as the Mom/teacher I get to spend time with my children everyday, all day that in itself is a huge benefit. Who wouldn't want to spend time with the children that they helped create? Oh yes , we have our struggles,but we'd have struggles if the children went to school as well, and many of them harder and much more difficult. For we don't have to worry about bullies, the kids learning certain issues about life before their to mature enough to handle them, no worries about not having this or that because "everyone" does and a whole lot of other issues I'm not going to get into here.
Oh yes, the struggles of being a Christian in this broken world, can we just say, Wow. It is very hard to be a Christian in a world where God no longer exists in society, however I will not faulter or give into others beliefs or non beliefs. I will raise my children to be strong people of faith, to be loving at all times, and to not bow down to the wickedness, despite how hard it all can be. I will continue to love others even if they hate me and mine
See this is my normal and your normal probably looks completely different and you know what thats okay.
Your wondering well how does and where does "scrapbooking" come into play with my "normal" thats for another post. So if you want to find out more stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment