So how's Scrap booking a part of my "normalcy" Let me explain.
I've been scrap booking off and on for about 23 years. I began when I was in the 8th grade. It wasn't known as scrap booking then, it was more along the lines of memory keeping but either way it was scrap booking.
It began as a way for me to cope with the everyday harassment that I received from others in my life. It helped me to focus on the positives of my life and not all the bad. I wasn't always faithful to keeping it going but I did what I could.
My new discovery of "scrap booking" began when I became pregnant with my first born, my daughter Chloe. I've been re hooked ever sense. I look back at my daughters book and think wow, my style has truely changed. If I could re-do her book I would, but I know its good to look back and see the changes that have taken place.
However I still am way behind in her life as well as my son's but I did manage a couple years ago to at least get a baby book done for my son who is now 11. My problem throughout the years has been that I like to make mini books or other paper crafts for others as gifts, cause I'm a gift giver so my own books have suffered.
STILL, how does this have anything to do with my "normalcy" well it is who I am. I do some type of paper crafting or scrap booking project everyday. Whether its for one of my children, my husband, or friends and family. I love it. When others are busy watching t.v. , playing games on their phones, kindles, laptops, computers, or t.v.'s I sit in my room and work away. I encourage my children to also work on some scrap booking and they each have started books of their own. I'd much rather be in my craft room, reliving memories and documenting them then deal with all the "junk" I see and or hear on t.v. So this is my way out, this is my escape and has been since the 8th grade.
In the past few years I have really embellished my pages, I've tried to learn as much as I can and more,but then I came to realize that I can't learn and do everything because there's way to much to learn and its always changing.
Instead I've decide to focus on what's more important and that is getting my pictures in books and my stories recorded. Its not about how much fluff I can put on the page, its about the people in my pictures and in my stories. So this leads me to Project Life.
Project Life is an amazing system that combines pictures and stories to be done in a easier more simplistic way. It allows you to document your everyday life. Not just the special moments, because everyone moment should be a special moment. So this years going to be a challenge for me as I learn and discover how I can work Project Life into my life and my style but I'm up to that challenge.
I'll still do some fuffy stuff from time to time, but when I have the time and when it suites the project.
So along with trying to blog more often, I am also going to make my scrap booking more effective and get life documented, life's important so why should it be left to pass.
I invite all of you to watch my progress and to give me feed back. The more feed back the better, for it will help me keep on task.
Welcome to my "normalcy"
1 comment:
Oh I've enjoyed reading this post to see your history and present day approaches to scrapbooking. Good luck with PL, I started last and year even though I don't always keep up, even doing it monthly instead of weekly, it has helped me to document the everyday. Happy scrappy 2013 to you!
Post a Comment