Thursday, February 21, 2013

Life/Project Life updates

Where oh where has the time gone.

It sure has been a busy one around here. Between schooling, keeping up with the childrens activities, my projects, hubbies job, friends and family it doesn't leave for a whole lot of spare time thats for sure. But hey thats is okay, cause if there wasn't crazy chaos in our lives then we'd be simply boring so I say bring it on, well not to much please.

I am happy to report that amongst all this chaos of life I have managed to keep up with my Project Life this far. I am so proud of myself and deserve a pat on the back. It has been a new process for me, finding what works, what doesn't work, what's the best time, day, should I have an organized plan or go with the flow. I've tried it all. I see benefits of it all. So I've decided that some weeks I'll take time to plan the whole process, other weeks I'll just go with the flow it just depends on the week. Nothing wrong with changing things from time to time.

I was trying to be very systematic and work on PL a few set days of the week beginning with getting pictures edited, ordered, or print myself by Sunday, so then come Monday I could dedicate that day to working on the layouts. It seemed to work for while , then I tried to be a bit more orderly and write down or sketch my layouts and idea's for the week.To then return  and finish on a different day which works, but what I found was that it kind of put me a bit behind schedule. I had told myself in the beginning of this journey that I only wanted to dedicate at most two days a week to Pl from start to finish. With the whole organizing layouts, pictures, papers, etc... I have found it takes me an entire week to finish. I really don't want to dedicate my whole week to just PL. I have many other scrapbooking and papercrafting projects that also need my attention. So I have decided that I will save the whole organizing system for weeks that aren't very heavy, and just go with the flow on the heavier weeks.

One other thing I have noticed is that I truly love being able to use my own scraps or papers to make my cards for PL. It allows me to still be creative but to also get our memories recorded in the process.

I've begun to notice more more of the little things that matter in life through this whole process. Project Life has really made me view things from a much diffrent and bigger perspective and I love it. I can honestly say as hard as this process has been its been worth it. I look forward to working on this week after week.

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully if you've been using PL or want to get to know the PL system you have learned just a little bit more. I plan on posting more thoughts, advice, and tidbits throughout the coming weeks so be watching for them.

Next up , I will share with you a few more pages of my album. SO be watching.



No comments: