Oh yes , I just love this time of year. Seeing all the wonderful decorations that are in around the city, in neighborhoods, in shops, and especially in our home. So as I look about and see everything in its place. I begin to remember how and where I got each piece that I've gotten through out the years. Some from purchases, some that we've made, and some that others have made and given to me. They all hold a special place in my heart but today I'm going to speak of just a few that are near and dear to my heart and will have forever and ever.
These special pieces were made by my Aunt Mo. She is very creative and everything she makes is beautiful. Some of my most special pieces consist of a handmade glass ice block that she inserted with a blue light and decorated all pretty. One of the other special pieces was a tinsel tree that was made from metal coat hangers. Wow, it just takes my breath away. With its blue tinsel and lights all aglow, along with mine blue and silver ornaments. Simply incredible. These pieces will be in my house to stay that's for sure. She has made me many other things as well each piece holds a very special place in my house but also in my heart. Planning on handing these pieces down to my children when they are grown for I know that these will hold many special memories for them.
So how about you, do you have a specific decoration or ornament that is near and dear to your heart? IF so what is it, and why is it so special. Take some time today to just remember back to the time you received it and let your mind wonder on that special moment. If you like to journal or want to remember those thoughts take a moment and write them down. Please take some time to share with me.
Many Blessings,
Mandy

No comments:
Post a Comment