Thursday, December 5, 2013

JYC Day 5- Christmas Cards

I can' believe its the 5th already my how time flies by. We're talking about Cards today. Are you one that likes to make cards , or purchase cards and mail them off? Or do you like to send your friends and family one via email? How about not doing them at all?






I used to buy purchased cards, then I started making handmade cards, and I've been pretty successful over the years about getting them mailed out before Christmas. Sometimes I would also hand deliver them. This year, since so much is going on we've decided to not purchase, make, deliver or mail them in any fashion. We decided to take a break from the worrying about whether or not we'll get them done on time. We also would like to enjoy other fun and festive things so this is one way we can save a little money this year. Surprisingly I don't feel guilty about this decision at all. I am very at peace about it. My friends and family know we love them and we'd rather see them then busy ourselves with getting cards out to them all. I find comfort in that.

How about you , have you ever not sent Christmas cards to everyone on your list? Has your list narrowed through the years? If you have how did you feel about it. Were you at peace? Did it eat away at you? If you still plan on mailing those cards what is your process? Is it simple, if not how can you simplify it?

We are all anxiously awaiting for cards and letters in the mail from our loved ones. We so enjoy reading all about what everyone's been doing and seeing their loving faces that we miss so much. As the cards start to trickle in we'll open them one by one and take them all in.

Our hope for all of you is that whatever you choose this year , you remember to do so with a loving heart and to keep it simple.

Please share your thoughts on Christmas cards, I'd love to hear what all of you do.

Blessings,
Mandy

No comments: