Thursday, December 12, 2013

JYC Day's 11 & 12

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday the day got away from me so as a bonus you'll get two posts in one.

Yesterday was actually a very simple day in this Journal Your Christmas process. It was all about paper-Wrapping Paper

Do you have special paper for different people or groups? Do you prefer to make your own? Do you just have one type for everyone? Do you tend to use bags and boxes instead of wrapping paper and the mess that comes with it?

As for me and my house. We tend to use specific paper for specific groups and or individuals. When my children were younger Santa Claus would have his own special paper for his gifts to us. I followed this tradition from my childhood. Now that my children are a bit older and don't believe in "Santa" we still do different wrapping paper but just a bit differently. So what's your tradition?

Christmas Mentor-

Do you have "scrooges" in your life? Does their negative attitude get you down? How do you pick yourself up? Is there someone that you know that just loves Christmas so much that you could use someone of their Christmas joy? Who is it? Is it someone you know, do they come from a book, or just can recall from your past? Ask yourself what would this person do to turn this negativity around? Then take action.

As I sit here writing this a few individual's come to mind. As I dig deeper to recall what they would do, I look back at the difficult situations that they faced at times and think I can do this. There's no reason why I can't still have a Merry Christmas because the over consumerism of today makes it difficult to be with family. Or certain members of family can't get along or seem to distance themselves from other.  No, I look at all the fun ways these Christmas Mentors of mine would handle these situations. They would plan /Christmas anyway, if some couldn't show up they'd find another day that they could spend with just them. If certain individual's don't see eye to eye well then do the best one can to be a light to them both. Remember to interact with everyone, play games and just be merry. If a conflict arrives simply take care of the matter in a loving respectful way. Go on with the day, make it fun , low key, low stress. Remember, why you are all gathered, and rejoice in the magic of it all.

Don't worry about what others do or don't do, just do what I need to do and what my family needs to do. Focus on the good always, be the best one can be and give love. Accept others for who they are and what their "problems" may be. We all have hard moments but we don't have to let them define us. We just need to learn to live and let live. Be our best always. Knowing that even though one suffers from Cancer they do their best to be a part of the festivities. Their smile shines brightly, they decorate, they cook , they prepare, they do all things with their illness so if they can endure pain and feel sick and still be merry and bright so can I so can we all. The other helps those who are need and don't blink for a second, doesn't question or judge just does what feels right. When one does what they feel is right, then there is only happiness to found.

That's what I take with me during the negative moments. I remember if I stay positive, be a light to others, give of myself and do my best then Christmas will be joyous.

So again, do you have a Christmas Mentor or two? When facing a negative situation just think to yourself what would they do , and do it. Take action and make Christmas what you want it to be happy and joyous.


Tomorrow is the day for catching up so I will posts pictures of my updated pages in tomorrow's post. So be sure you tune in to see what tomorrow brings.

Blessings,
Mandy

No comments: