Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Baseball Season

This has been such a busy time of year for us all. Between finding a new home, church activities ( MOPS, Youth Musical, Choir, Confirmation &Youth Group), baseball, hubby being on the road, and other events it's been very difficult to fit it all in. We have managed to so far conquer it, but it is becoming more and more difficult.

But for his post we're going to take a break from talking about the Process of Purchasing our new home and focus on Baseball. So let's get on with it shall we.

This year , my son Austin chose not to play soccer, something he has been playing since we was 4 years old. At first I wasn't very pleased that he didn't want to play, but I understood his reasoning to not play. I continued to ask him are you sure you don't want to play, you can still play baseball those two sports are in the same season. He insisted he didn't want to play soccer. Okay, okay. So just baseball it is.

So now what, where do I even try to find a rec team for him to play on. He hasn't played baseball since he was about 9. I knew the league he played on before wasn't going to work cause their age cut off is 12. My son's 13. So I searched and searched on the internet, asked a few friends and finally found somewhere for him to play. I still really wished he would've played soccer, I rather enjoyed being a soccer Mom, now being a baseball Mom, ummm, not so much. I will lean to love it.

Now we've been into the season now since April and so far I've learned just like every other league we've been on with soccer, baseball leagues are just the same. UNORGANIZED, teams are not fairly placed, coaches are taken advantage of, oh and don't get me started with the parents , YIKES. As for the kids you have those kids that know their good and their attitudes show it, you have those kids that don't play so well but still just want to play, and you have those kids that just whine. UGH!!!! Can't we just play baseball.

So far Austin's team, the Dodgers has lost more games then they have won. Some parents are not happy with the coach. Okay, I can see and understand why they are unhappy. I am not all the thrilled either, however, my answer to them was. Why didn't you step up to be the coach then, when they said they needed another one.? Why complain when you aren't doing anything to help? It's all so ridiculous really. The coach is doing the best he can, he coaches two teams, one younger team that his other son is on, and this older team that his oldest son is on. What more can you expect for him to do. Yeah, I really have no clue about baseball. I have found that people just like to complain, instead of take action. It's rather disgusting to see some of these parents and their attitudes. I'm like really your kids are watching you behave like that, and then they wonder why their kids act the way the do. HELLO!!! Wake up, people .

Anyway, I have enjoyed most of the games, even in my frustrations. The joy on Austin's face when he plays has made up for all the nastiness of the parents. His skills have improved greatly throughout the season, and he's even had a few RBI's. He's played every position without attitude. I am very proud of him, instead of getting angry about something and getting attitude, he has been encouraging the other boys, and the coach along the way. He is really an amazing kid, he has truly grown in many ways over the past few years. Wow, I'm proud to call him mine.

Looking forward to see what the rest of the season will bring.

Blessings




No comments: