Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Perils of Paul the Musical

For the past 7 years either one or both my children Chloe and Austin have participated in a musical that the youth from grades 4-8 put on. Sadly, this chapter has come to an end for our family. Both my children have loved participating year after year and have really grown a great deal through them.

As I am saddened because it is the end of this chapter, I am also happy that we are moving on with a new chapter. I look forward to seeing what more adventures God has in store for all of us on this new journey. God has done wonderful things in this chapter of our lives, and we've all been through some many hardships as well, but we are all learning to find the joy through it all.

This years Musical was about Paul and the things that he had gone through on his walk with Jesus. From how he came to know God, to his mission on spreading the gospel and all the hardships he had to over come. It sent a wonderful message to us all, and reminded us that with God all things are possible.

Austin had a very small role, which he was very upset about and as his parent I can understand, however, as I tried to explain to him there are no small parts, all parts are important, and that as long as you do your part and do it well that is what will shine out to everyone. Plus with baseball this year, and confirmation he really had a great deal on his plate so therefore a smaller role really was okay.

He managed to get through it, and we could tell that he really just wasn't into , but we are proud of him for not letting his discouragement get in the way and for going through with his commitment. His parts consisted of being a Jew and the main Roman Guard, plus a few smaller dance parts albeit, a pizza commercial, a tiny solo part, and of course singing in the choir pieces.

Chloe also participated this year, but she worked behind the scenes like she had the year prior. All the children in the musical really showed their love and appreciation for her. This year was a bit more stressful behind the scenes for there was a great deal of costume changes at one time taking place. I love how she has gotten in there and asked if there was a way she could still be involved. She really enjoyed partaking in the musicals so this has been her joy and her way to participate. Watching her grow, and take on different roles not only has taught her leadership skills, but it has also taught her what more of the theatre is all about.

As their parents we are so proud of all the have become and are becoming as young adults. God truly has blessed us with wonderful, compassionate, caring, individuals. I see many great things happening for them. I can't wait to see what God has in store for them.

It is hard to believe that this chapter is closed and that I have two children in high school. Although my heart is sad, and I have shed a few tears as this chapter closes I know a new chapter begins , how can I not find joy in that.

Blessings

No comments: