Everything at this point has been running smoothly, now inspection day had arrived. This was a very busy day for us, for it was the weekend of Easter. We had plans with my Aunt and Uncle on this particular Saturday morning so that we could celebrate Easter with them. Knowing this we try to schedule our inspection for around 2 so we could have a bit more time with them, but sadly it had to be scheduled for 1pm. So our time with the others was shortened more then we would have liked but all is good.
We arrived at in Eatonville a bit late but still had plenty of time to go as far as the inspection was concerned. So we met with our relator and our inspector, went around the house looked over things and it all looked pretty well. We were very pleased. There were a few minor things that needed to be taken care of such as earthquake straps needing to put around the furnace, the duct for the dryer needed to be put in, a window seal at failed so they needed to fix that , so pretty minor stuff.
While the inspector was doing his thing, Rob, the kids, and I , had been measuring rooms, making design decisions, so we know exactly what we can take from our old house, and what will need to go. Plus we now know where things will be best placed in all the rooms, that will make moving a bit less of a hassle. We will come out another time and make decisions and take measurements on the land so that we figure out exactly where we want to place a shed, gardens, fruit tree's and more.
At this time I'm still not convinced that I love this house, and I still am struggling with what God's intentions are for us, but I am confident knowing that God has a plan and as long as we follow his plan all will be well in the end. I so want to love this house , I'm sure in time I will. For now I'm relying on God to help me and to see things through.
Stay tuned.... for more about the process.
Blessings,
No comments:
Post a Comment