While searching, and searching for homes we were just really not finding anything. We were finding either the house size we wanted and not the property or we'd find the property but not the size of house we were wanting.
Our relator told us many times don't worry we will find something. Homes are being placed on the market everyday its just a matter of time. We have found a few that we had wanted to look at but our relator had told us, no, they are not worth it. She did find one home, that was in the final process of being built, that she thought would be perfect for us. We reviewed the pictures and loved what we saw , so Robert had said to go ahead and place a bid on it. Now mind you we hadn't even physically seen it yet. I told him I felt we needed to wait until we looked at it, but he was sure it would be just fine. So we went a head and placed our bid and we were going to go look at it that weekend. We went to look at it, and uh, yeah, no. Lets just say that there was way more wetlands then what the guy had led people to believe, and there was no way we were was buying this house. Now mind you, the house was perfect, the right size, it was brand new, everything we would want our dream home to be, however, it was the property that we were not happy with. So we contacted our relator , sent her pictures so she could see what we were saying and compare it to what the listing agent had said. Needless, to say we were not obligated to purchase this home and got out of our bid. No wonder it was still on the market, they were trying to be sly about the property and say it was only 1/2 wetlands when in deed it purely was more like 3/4. Oh well, a lesson learned. Always look before placing a bid for looks, can really be deceiving.
Back to square one we go. At this point we were beginning to get very frustrated and felt like we were never going to find a new place of residence. Once again, our relator told us to be patient we will find something. She had been looking and we had been looking and there was just nothing out there yet. A week had gone by and still nothing, Until.... then next morning which was a Saturday, Robert had happened to be scrolling through one of the home buying sites and poof there was a nice looking home on 5 acres that has just been put up on the market two days prior. He comes bounding up the stairs to show me , I wasn't overly thrilled but said well call our relator and see if we can go and check it out. So, we set up a day and time that worked best for everyone to go and view the home.
Viewing day had arrived, our relator had told us to go ahead and walk the grounds that she was running a bit late but was on her way. So the boys , Robert and Austin went looking around and they absolutely fell in love with it. Matter of fact Austin's exact words to me were , "I'm sold". I looked at him and said , "what you haven't even seen the inside of the house yet." He said, "don't need to, even if my bedrooms small I'll make it work." I'm like, Um, okay.
Our relator had arrived and now it was time to view the inside. I was like this is cute, but it's a Manufactured Home, which I really didn't want. The more I looked around I could see the potential, I tried to keep everything into perspective .One it was a Manufactured Home. Two, it wasn't the size I wanted, it actually is a tad smaller then the home we currently own now. As the time went on I could see how everyone else was really liking it. I was also taking everything in to consideration as our relator had been going over things with us. The grounds were really nice and the home which was built in 1996 was like brand new. Come to find out, the couple who had purchased it, had purchased it to fix up and flip. So everything is brand new except for the skeleton. Now, okay, that had me sold. It's pretty much brand new, everything in the home with the exception of the dishwasher is brand new, it's freshly painted, new carpets, new floors, etc... Chloe, had talked with me about how we could arrange her room, what room would the game room and more. Everyone was pretty much on board. Now I was becoming more convinced but I was still very much hesitant because it was not my dream home, not the home I really wanted it to be. However, in the end we chose to put an offer on this home. Stay tuned for more.....
No comments:
Post a Comment