Now for Part 2- All about the Experience.
Ahhh, the concert day had arrived and were they ever giddy. We met at our church since Chloe was volunteering at VBS until Noon. Then the girls finished getting themselves prepped and ready to go. We climbed in the car and made our 2 hour trek to Seattle, Wa. Oh my what a drive that was. We finally found a parking space that didn't charge us two arms and a leg, thankfully. And made our way toward the Stadium.
We made a bathroom stop, ate some food, then stood in the hour long merchandise line cause they wanted to get their "loot" before we went in. Okay it's not like we could get in yet anyway so we might as well. Man that line was long and took forever. The gate were finally opening, but we were still standing in that line, but we were up next. YAy!!! So with our loot in hand, we got scanned by security , got our bags checked. Okay, all this scanning of people is truly ridiculous here in America. I mean, being an American citizen I feel violated by this. I understand they why, but I don't believe that everyone should be put through this. If you look or are acting suspicious then yes, by all means scan them, pat them, down, whatever, but leave us innocent bystanders to our privacy. Anyway , enough of that for now. We finally made it inside, found our seats, took some pictures and got ready to enjoy the show.
Show began a half an hour late, of course, concerts never run on time, Right! The opening act was not at all impressive and quite frankly I as a parent I was quite disgusted. I mean young children do attend these events and last time I checked women wearing pretty much nothing, dancing provocatively, really isn't appropriate. My teen girls even said Mom, that is gross and not appropriate. The performance wasn't good either, and you couldn't even hear what they were singing . Anyway, One Direction if you perhaps read this , ha ha ha, you may want to reconsider your openers, there are far better performers out there. We were all glad when they were off the stage. SO now the wait for One Direction to begin. That took over an hour for them to change the set, and begin the show. Which to me seemed a bit over the top. I mean there wasn't that much to the set, that needed to take an hour to change but okay whatever.
The show finally began with a shot of Fireworks in the sky and the singing began. Or should I say thousands of screaming fans ringing in the air. Chloe and Brit were just beside themselves. They were so filled with joy to even be there, their faces were just priceless. I can't begin to really describe that moment, but one could tell they were loving every minute of it. They sang, they screamed, they cried, they were downright happy and in awww. This filled my heart with so much joy and to share in this moment with them as a Mom was truly spectacular.
On our way home the girls chattered for a bit but shortly fell asleep for we had a long ride home. We made it home at 2 am and boy was I tired, but it was very worth every minute. I am excited to see whom the girls choose next to see or what their next adventure may be. Can't wait to write that story.
Mandy
No comments:
Post a Comment