Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Time

What is time? Time is something we all once had. We all once shared and didn't take advantage of. Now days time is just a waste. We waste it away with meaningless things. We never stop for just a moment to really reflect on whats happening around us. I say we because I to am guilty of this. I to have wasted time. I am going to change my wasted time and turn it to be more meaningful, more useful, more reflective.

There have been many times I've sat at the computer just wasting my day away when instead if I would have just taken care of the laundry then it wouldn't pile up in heaps all over the floor. Or where if I just took care of it I'd be able to enjoy those little moments with my children and instead of just lets hurry up we need to get this done, now. Theres also been plenty of times where I've wasted to much time doing housework instead of helping with a small task that turned out to be a big task for someone else. Sometimes I 'm to busy wasting time on making time for others but not making time for my family or for myself. Other times I'm busy doing nothing thats right nothing of importance. As I'm sure everyone has and does.

Instead of wasting my time which is so precious I am going to spend that time on slowing down, enjoying whats in front of me, enjoying what is asked of me and needed of me. I'm going to embrace each moment of time with care, love, understanding but most of all with time. Its not about not having enough time in one day to do this, or that, or the other. No its meant to enjoy, truly enjoy and take in all that is happening.

 The problem with todays world is we're simply to busy doing everything in our time that we can't enjoy it so we feel like everything is a chore. That we don't have a choice, this child does this, this child is doing that, and I have this to do and hubby has that to do, and pretty soon your time is to full that you can't sit back and just enjoy theres no time for that. Well why not, there should always be time for enjoyment isn't that why you wanted your kids to enjoy this sport or that sport, or this activity or that. or why you yourself wanted to do this activity. What's the point of doing it then if its no longer enjoyable. Well no more of that. It's time to reflect, take a hard look at whats actually important and sit back and enjoy the moments. Life really is to short for us to be always in a hurry and allowing time to just slip on by and keep saying someday I'll get to just relax. That some day is now.

So thats what I'm doing. I'm going to start enjoying all the big things all the way down to the itty bitty things in life. No more allowing the computer to consume my time, no more allowing this activity or that activity to rule my life or my families life. We're going to enjoy every second of the this or that.

I'm tired of but if you don't let them do this then they'll be laughed at, or bullied, or , or ,or. Since when do we let society rule us. It's us or rather the Lord who rules over us all. He is who gave me life and my children's life. If he puts opportunities for things in front of us then so be it , we'll pray about them, we'll wait to hear his answer, then we'll do. I don't need to do everything the "Jones" are doing, or buying everything the "Smiths" are. No , I'm not them, we're not them we're us. So instead of letting Society guide our lives in every direction from our food, to our activities, to our work, to what we wear, how we dress, how we talk, when to talk not to talk, just be you and I'll just be me.

Every year as Thanksgiving and Christmas approach I always struggle with what more can I do, how much more time do I actually have, am I doing enough, when is enough enough. Not this time. This time I'm deciding, my families deciding, along with God's help whats really important to us, and how we're going to spend that time. We're spending it with pleasure, and joy not with bad attitudes because something just isn't fun because we're to hurried. No this time, we're taking a step back, we're going to enjoy every single moment for that may be that last time we get that moment of joy fo that particular activity.

So I encourage all of you to join us. Simplify your life. Take back your life, and enjoy this precious little thing we all call time.

No comments: