Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 9- Christmas Treats

MMMM, have you a favorite Christmas Treat that you can't wait to endulge in? Or a treat you've been dying to try? I know I do.

Baking and making candies has been a long standing tradition. One I enjoy sharing with my own children. We bake a great deal of the traditional cookies but over the years we also have tried new ones of our own. This year we plan on making a few of our basic few but trying something new as well.

One of my husbands favorite treats from his Christmas pasts are angel balls. For the past few years this has been something we have not had on our cookie list, we have wanted to but never got around to it. That is changing this year. The kids really want to make this a priority this year so that will be one of the first cookie that we make.

So what is an Angel Ball? An angel ball contains rice krispies, dates, and powdered sugar along with a few other ingredients. They are cooked, then rolled in powdered sugar. They melt so beautifully in the mouth. When I first tried these I wasn't so sure I was going to like them for they contained dates. However I found that they too have become one of my favorites of the season.

This is just one of the 4 cookies we'll be baking this year along side with pumpkin bread, fudge, and rocky road. Yum.

Can't wait to get started on all this fun and passing them onto friends and family for them to enjoy.

Have a special treat to share or one you've been dying to try please share it here with me.

Blessings,
Mandy

No comments: