Well this is a fitting topic for this weekend. There's been a great deal of sensory overload, but in a positive way.
I just love this particular weekend although it may be busy and full excitement it is one of my ultimate favorite weekends. Starting with an annual trip to Victorian Country Christmas. So much to see , touch, smell, hear, and taste. Lots of glowing lights, fresh smell of scones in the air, the sounds of laughter, singing, and just pure enjoyment, the many things to touch like ornaments, decorations, people, wreathes and more. Lets not forgot all the wonderful food there was to taste. So much fun. To top off the night a carriage ride with friends and family all singing Christmas Carols and wishing others a very Merry Christmas while waving all around. Oh yes, now these are some fun memories that will last for many many years.
Then comes one of the most enjoyable yet stressful the Santa Parade. Wow and wow. What's there not to enjoy. I had always dreamed of being a parade and well that dream has come true. My daughter along with her awesome friends perform a drill/dance down the streets of Sumner and Puyallup. With flickering lights, cute little outfits, pom poms, banner kids, and parents marching, waving, dancing, passing out candy, and just having some good ole fun for those who came out to see the parade. It is truly amazing. Seeing childrens' faces light up, the smile of a parent in the crowd such a joyous occasion. Then the pizza party and the fun of spending time with each other. I wouldn't trade this for anything. I'm so very thankful for all the families and they are such blessings to us.
The final event of the weekend will be singing with the church choir. I've had the pleasure of singing in the choir with not only other talented individuals but also with my children. Last year was my daughters last year in the youth choir which was a sad time, yet a happy time. This year is will be my son and I singing with out choirs. I love all the talented musicians that come to share in this with us all. After we perform we then all share a meal together. What can be better then that? Laughing,smiling, eating, and spreading some love all around.
Yes, this weekend is crazy busy, but it is a blessing. One I enjoy and really gets me into the holiday spirit.
So what are some of your sensory overloads?
I realize that I have not share any completed pages from the past few days , sorry life has been a bit busy this weekend, but I will work on those pages and get pics up as soon as they are completed. In the meantime if you haven't already get out there and enjoy the sights, sounds, smells, taste, and touch that is all around you. You'll be so amazed at the wonder you will truly feel from it all.
Blessings,
Mandy
2 comments:
That sounds like a serious weekend of senses. The photo is beautiful too.
http://craftybusinesscatherine.blogspot.co.uk/
Catherine G. It sure was.
Post a Comment