So you remember those days, some time ago, where we had our certain obsessions with music, movies, foods and more. Yeah ,you know those days where hanging out at the mall or the roller skating rink, attending some concerts or movies that was the in thing to do. Those days where your world felt like it would come to an end if you just didn't get to that concert to your most favorite band you were just going to die. Yep, we're talking about those days today.
Chloe, my daughter and a few of her friends are just so in love with the group One Direction or should I say "boy" band. Oh yeah, there's plenty of dancing, and blaring music to the point that even knocking on the door doesn't grasp their attentions. When she had heard that they were coming to concert she at first was like yeah okay that's cool. But ,then when she hears a friend of hers was going she was like can I go? Then well, concert tickets sold out . We're not the privileged one's that know all the ins and outs of getting tickets these days. We don't do the presale's nor do we get why they even matter. When she learned they were sold out she was bummed but she was okay, no big deal. As her parents ,we're going phew , we dodged that one, but at the same time we were also sad for her, cause she doesn't ask for much, and really doesn't do a whole lot. We would have loved to have given her that special treat.
We thought everything was okay, there was no talk of the concert , that all was well, until recently. Her best friend contacts her and tells her that some One Direction tickets have been put on resale, yeah, since the whole uproar of Zayne leaving the group there are many fans turning in their tickets. She had told Chloe how much they were, that she would get them and that she could just pay her back. Oh boy, here it comes. My husband Robert and I are out shopping waiting for our son to get done with baseball practice when Chloe text me about the concert. So I called her to see if I could figure out more details. At this time we really don't have the money for tickets due to more news I will share with you all soon and she knows that. I told her we would discuss it when we got home and that we would call Joanne Brit's Mom. So Robert and I finish our shopping and I discuss the concert with him.
We arrive at our son's practice call Joanne and discuss it, we then decide that we will go ahead and et the girls go and that I would be the parent going with them. Chloe really is a good kid and doesn't get to do much and is very responsible so we felt she really did deserve to go.
All the details get worked out, but Chloe still didn't know. I asked Joanne to please have Brittany not say anything cause we wanted to tell her when we got home. Shortly after the conversation and the tickets are bought, Chloe sends me a text asking me if we're on our way home. I said no, "Austin's almost done then we're on our way". She said, "okay cause Brit said the tickets are going fast". So I said. " if it's meant to be, it's meant to be".
We arrive home shortly after, everyone begins putting the groceries away and we then play it up some more. Now mind you, everyone including her brother know she's going but her. We ask her a series of questions such as: why should we let you attend this concert? She gives us a her answer, says that she works hard on her school work everyday, gets good grades, doesn't ask to do much, helps her brother, does her chores and is responsible. All very good answers. We then ask her, if she's willing to pay for her own ticket ? Her response was, "I was already going to say that I would pay for it, so yes I'm willing to pay for my own, and I'll even help pay for the parking." So I looked at my husband and say, "Well Rob, what do you think she would let her go to the concert?" His response, " well since we've already paid for it then , I'd say so." Her jaw just dropped. She said, "so this means I can go? I said "yes! we already talked with Joanne and she's already purchased you girls and myself the tickets, we just need to pay them for ours." She got teary eyed, tried hard not to scream and thanked us. To see her heart filled with joy was wonderful especially for how much she has been through in the past year. She truly does deserve to go.
So yep, the teen obsession begins in my house, I know that this is only the beginning, I'm looking forward to what is coming next. These girls are going to have some much fun and I'm happy to be going with them. Oh did, I forget to mention that I'm a boy band fanatic, so this concert is right up my alley. I am so looking forward to experiencing her first boy band concert with her , and to compare my times vs. her time. Now ,I am not however, looking forward to the drive but I'll manage.
Now onto concert planning we must go, to making t-shirts, picking out just the right clothes, and oh yeah making signs. This is going to be so much fun, fun , fun.
I'll report back on this after the concert .
Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment