What, what's The Process, well I'm about to tell you. I'm about to give you a little bit more information as to what's been going on in our lives , a little bit more of the new adventures that are slowly beginning to take place. Are you all ready, cause here it is?
We as a family decided a year ago that we wanted to live more simply, that we wanted a change in our lives and one of those changes was moving a bit more to the country. Now for all of those who know me this is a huge step, cause I am not a country girl at all. Having animals, growing a garden, living pretty much in the woods, yeah really not my thing, so why this change, why now?
First why the change. We actually have always wanted to have some property and live in the country, but it wasn't meant to be at the time we purchased the home we have now. So we went about life. We want to live a life full of God's purposes for us not our purposes for ourselves. The Holy Spirit had been laying this on our hearts for quite sometime and has helped open the doors for us to begin this new adventure in life.
Second, why now. We are making the change now because we now have the opportunity too and we all just really desire to live a life that is more freeing , serene, and less busy with fluff.
With all this being said we've had to jump some different hurdles to get to this point over the course of a year. We needed to of course find ways to save money, pay off some debts, and help prepare our hearts for the change. This road to living more purposeful for Christ hasn't come easy, nor are we quite there yet or even figured out what it all means. We are crossing this hurdle as we go. We have accomplished the hurdles of saving and paying off the debt. Phew, glad to have those crossed off our list, well saving money is actually an on going process but you get the gist of what I'm saying. So then that reached another hurdle finding the perfect house, with the property we want. Let's just say it wasn't easy, but we got past that hurdle as well.
I will blog more about the hurdles we needed to cross in a few different posts here soon. So stay tuned but for now I will leave you wit this thought.
We have discovered many things through this process and have found out just exactly what we can do to accomplish our goals. The number one thing is to follow God's lead not our own. I will leave you all with that thought in mind. I want you all to ponder on that just a bit. Ask yourselves are you letting God lead or are you doing the leading?
Blessings,
Mandy
No comments:
Post a Comment